Educate • Empower • Elevate
Welcome to the School of Education. Founded in 2003, MDC's SOE is one of South Florida's premier teacher education schools, providing more exceptional student educators to the Miami-Dade Public School system than any other local institution. Through strategically designed programs, we offer our students many paths to a rewarding career in shaping young minds of the future through lifelong learning. With a variety of programs that provide training to pre-service and current educators, the SOE is one of Florida's most dynamic and progressive teacher education institutions.
In a Class of Our Own
Our students show it through their achievements in the classroom and beyond. Our graduates prove it in classrooms across the state. Our success stories are proof of our excellence:
- Since 2008, 37 of our graduates have been named “Rookie Teachers of the Year” by Miami-Dade County Public Schools.
- The Florida Departments of Education indicated that our graduates are having a strong, positive effect on their students. Data collected in 2008-2009 revealed that:
- 87.5 percent of students taught by our math education graduates showed a 50 percent increase in math scores.
- 75 percent of students taught by our ESE graduates showed a 50 percent increase in testing scores
- 83 percent of students taught by our EPI graduates showed a 50 percent increase in testing scores.
- Our graduates regularly earn first-place honors at the Florida Future Educators of America State Conference in Tallehassee.
- The Florida Fund for Minority Teachers has named four of our studensts “Scholars of the Year”