Board of Trustees Award
The MDC Board of Trustees scholarship is awarded to students who are graduating with an A.A. and planning on transferring to a 4-year university. The scholarship is valued at $5,000. Eight students are selected to receive the award -- one from each campus.
- Must be a an A.A. degree seeking student transferring to a 4-year university
- Must have a minimum 3.50 Grade Point Average
- Must demonstrate financial need
The scholarship is made available during the spring term each year and the recipient is selected by each individual campus’ MDC Board of Trustees scholarship committee.
Board of Trustees Scholarship Procedures
- Once the student receives the Award Letter, he/she needs to fill out a W-9 and sign it.
- The student needs to fax or e-mail the Award Letter, the W-9, and the class schedule from current Institution.
- The checks are sent to the student, but are made payable to the student and the University. The student must take the check to the University Bursar to apply to their College account.
- Students must fax a current class schedule each semester. If the student relocates, a new W-9 form is required.