Interns will learn the various functions of the museum while assisting museum staff in routine departmental work that ranges from special projects and research to clerical support including:
- Maintaining Collections Database
- Cataloguing / Archiving - Collection and Exhibition-related files
- Artist Research / Curatorial Research
- Art handling and exhibition installation
- Interns must be energetic and motivated, organized and detail oriented, collaborative yet be able to work independently, and possess excellent research skills.
- Interns must also meet deadlines and be able to lift up to 25-30 pounds.
- Previous museum or gallery experience or familiarity with Excel, Filemaker Pro or database management software is an asset but not required.
- Interns may work a minimum of 10-15 hours per week.
Additional hours are available to accommodate college credit requirements.