Strategically located in the heart of Miami-Dade County’s Health District, The School of Health Sciences at the Medical Campus of Miami Dade College is committed to providing life-changing opportunities for individuals looking to become a member of the health care profession. By creating, challenging, disseminating, and applying foundational knowledge in our state-of-the-art facilities, students can participate in more than 23 educational options which can place you on a fast track to an in-demand health care career.
We are committed to excellence and serve local, national and international citizens through the following initiatives by:
- Providing teaching and learning experiences that enhance the attainment of knowledge, health, and safe working conditions.
- Providing a multicultural diversity of faculty, staff, and students to reflect our community and culture.
- Providing state-of the-art comprehensive programs and facilities that provide a strong basis for learning. Additionally, we prepare our graduates to think critically, communicate and function in a fast changing technologically advanced environment.
- Providing extended support and care of our local communities with on-campus vision care clinic, dental hygiene clinic and a community wellness clinic. Additionally, our students benefit from our clinical partnerships with numerous local public and private healthcare institutions.
- Providing international educational experiences with a strong emphasis on positive change making opportunities beyond our borders by assisting with disaster relief efforts and annual mission trips.
- Providing engagement that develops strong associations with our students, alumni, university colleagues, industry, and community.