Manager's Guide to ASTRA Processing
Following is a recap of the general processing for instructional course records/tasks and overload/part-time payments within the ASTRA faculty assignment and tracking system:
- Full-time faculty select courses; department chairpersons assign courses to adjuncts
- Departments enter course/task assignments each term
- Managers review on-line reports to ensure courses are assigned and faculty are RPA'd
- Available on-line reports are displayed as follows:
- Instructor Course Assignments
- Employee Job Assignments (RPAs)
- Unassigned courses by Qual
- Cancelled courses
- Missing/no RPA
- Assignments by Qual or Reference #
- P-T point distribution
- Other printed reports include, but not limited to:
- Data Entry Sheets
- Short-load and undesignated overload report
- Unassigned courses
- Instructors (assigned to) cancelled courses
- Instructors with 30+ overload points
- Administrative task points with 40+
- Administrative task detail report
- Payment discrepancies
- Reports for distribution to faculty:
- Faculty Assignment Summary
- Notice of Assignment (for adjuncts)
- ASTRA will programmatically distribute overload and/or part-time payments based on the beginning and end date of each course. See attached document for examples of “points to pay”. Late data entry will result in a “catch up” payment for the next check date.
- ASTRA Time and Attendance roster creation is based on 25 check dates (pay schedule online).
- Managers can view on-line report for those faculty “scheduled to be paid” (based on check date).
- Check date with final deadline dates are displayed on this screen.
- Final rosters are produced for department review and approval.
- Points to be paid (or banked) will appear on roster.
- Departments must enter any absent or substitute hours on the appropriate payroll authorization dates
- Changes made after roster is created will be reflected on next check date roster
- Department may void payment when authorizing roster , if information that appears is inaccurate
- ASTRA Time and Attendance screen based on published deadlines.
- Department prepares and approves the roster in ASTRA.
- Hours to be paid are passed over to Odyssey for actual processing of payment.
Each campus has an ASTRA Coordinator to oversee the faculty assignment process.
H:\ASTRA\Managers Guide to ASTRA Processing