Notification of Social Security Number Collection and Usage by Miami Dade College
In compliance with FL Statute 119.071(5), this is to notify you of the purpose for the collection and usage of your Social Security Number (SSN).
Miami Dade College (MDC) collects and uses your social security number only for purposes in the performance of the College's duties and responsibilities. To protect your identity MDC will secure your SSN from unauthorized access, never release your SSN to unauthorized parties, and assign you a unique student/employee identification number. This unique ID number is used for all associated employment and educational purposes at MDC.
Your SSN is used for legitimate business purposes in compliance with the completion and process of the following:
- Federal I-9 (Department of Homeland Security)
- Federal W2, W4, W5, 1099 (Internal Revenue Service)
- Federal social security taxes (FICA)
- Federal W2 (Internal Revenue Service)
- State Quarterly Unemployment Reports (FL Dept of Revenue)
- Florida Retirement Contribution reports (FL Dept of Revenue)
- Workers Comp Claims (FCCRMC and Department of Labor)
- Direct Deposit Files (Bank of America , ACH)
- 403b and 457b contribution reports
- Group health, life and dental coverage enrollment
- Various supplemental insurance deduction reports
- Establishment of name within Personnel/Payroll system