Instructions for Accessing Aetna's Website
- Go to www.aetna.com
- Under shortcuts, which is found on the right hand side, click "Find a Doctor"
- If using this search feature for the first time, you will need to click “I Accept” on the declaration screen.
- To begin a general search, under Geographic Information, you can either search by zip code, city, or county.
- After you have selected your geographic information, you will need to select a Provider Category. (The Provider Category is broken down by Medical Providers, Behavioral Health Providers, Hospitals, Facilities, etc).
- Next you will need to select a plan. Miami Dade College is offering two (2) plans under Open Access Plans: the Open Access HMO plan, which you would select "HMO (Open Access)"; and the other being offered is the Point-of-Service (POS-type) plan, you will want to select "Aetna Choice POS (Open Access) plan". PLEASE NOTE: Make sure you have selected "Aetna Choice POS, not Aetna Choice POS II. (The POS II is NOT the plan offered).
- If you are searching for a specialist, you will click on the “Additional Search Criteria” box. Enter, and you can now select the specialty area of interest.
- You can now begin your search.