Applying for a Job FAQ's
How can I find open positions at Miami Dade College?
- Visit our online searchable jobs database. All available positions, including faculty openings, are posted there.
Can I apply for multiple positions?
- Yes, you can apply for multiple jobs at MDC. All you need to do is click on each position for which you would like to apply, and submit an application for each of them.
How long does it take to process my application?
- After you apply online, your application package will be forwarded to the hiring department, which is responsible for establishing the screening committee for the selection and recruitment of the position. If selected for an interview, a member of the screening committee will contact you. All communications will be handled through the screening committee.
How do I know if my application was received?
- When you apply online, you will receive a confirmation message indicating that you have successfully applied for the position.
Can I e-mail my resume and cover letter to the Employment Department?
- No. You can cut and paste or upload your resume into the online application.
How can I learn the status of my candidacy?
- Hiring managers and screening committee members will contact you if your background and experiences are an appropriate match for the position (s) to which you are applying.
How often are job postings updated?
- New positions are posted every day as "Open until filled". Job listings remain on our website until the position has been filled.
Does MDC provide H1-B sponsorship?
- As a general rule, Miami Dade College does not provide H1-B visa sponsorship. Exceptions may be made based on the College's need for a candidate with unique skills and expertise and where the College cannot otherwise recruit and hire qualified non-sponsored candidates.
I would like to know if the position was filled. What do I do?
- If a position is still posted on our website, this indicates that the hiring department is still accepting applications. Some positions take longer to fill due to the complexity of the job.
What should I do if I still have questions?
College is an equal
access/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of
Veteran's Preference will be considered for eligible veterans and
spouses of eligible veterans.
Miami Dade College is governed under a
collective bargaining agreement with its full-time faculty. Florida is
a right to work state.
Employment with Miami Dade College may be
contingent upon the applicant undergoing a background investigation and/or