Position Justification Process
In order to seek approval for the recruitment of full-time instructional and non-instructional vacancies in Funds 1, 7 and non-grant Fund 2 positions, the steps listed below must be followed and signed by each successive supervisor listed on the Position Justification Form. Subject to the endorsement of the Provost, the request will be presented to the College President for review.
- The requesting department must submit the following information:
- Position Justification Form, which includes rationale for filling the position. Template located http://www.mdc.edu/hr/onlineforms/employment/position_justification.pdf
- Job description – full-time templates located at http://www.mdc.edu/hr/Compensation/Full-Time_Job_Descriptions/
- Full Time Faculty requests will be forwarded to the Provost after receiving the Department Chair, Dean and, Campus President's approval. The Provost will review the requests and consult with the appropriate Dean or Campus President as necessary, and present to the College President for review.
- Non-Instructional requests will be forwarded to the Provost. The Provost will review the requests and consult with the appropriate administrative units as necessary, and present to the College President for review.
- If approved, then completed forms shall be forwarded by the Provost to the Division of Human Resources
which will follow the
- Requests not approved will be returned to the appropriate Campus President/Vice Provost by the
Note: This process does not apply to part-time or grant funded positions.