JUMP START A Summer Program for Incoming Freshmen
What is JumpStart?
The Summer JumpStart program at the Miami Dade College-InterAmerican Campus is a unique program designed to help incoming freshman transition to college by providing a strong academic foundation, individualized advisement, and a supportive learning environment. The program consists of recreational activities and two classes: Student Life Skills and Introduction to Microcomputers. JumpStart provides free tuition, fees, and textbooks for Florida residents, but enrollment is limited!
- Students earn 7 college credits
- Free tuition for Florida residents
- Includes textbooks
To be eligible for the JumpStart Program, you must:
- Complete the MDC Admission Application. The Florida Residency Statement section on the reverse side of the admission application must be completed by a parent or guardian. Acceptable documents to qualify as a Florida Resident for tuition purposes are outlined on the Florida Resident for Tuition Affidavit.
- Complete the JumpStart Application, essay, and recommendation form
- Pay the $30.00 MDC Admission Application fee at the Bursar's office, Room 1118.
- Take the Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (PERT) in the Testing Department, Room 1110 at the InterAmerican Campus. (If you took the SAT or ACT, have scores sent electronically to MDC.)
- Complete the 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 Federal Financial Aid Application at the Federal Student Aid website
- If accepted, students are required to attend two Orientation sessions on May 22 and June 14, 2013.