Welcome to the Kendall Campus private branch exchange (PBX).
The PBX area, also referred to as the "telephone operator," is the communications hub to all Campus Departments and District offices located on the Kendall Campus. This is definitely the place to call when you are unsure of the specific area on Campus that you are trying to reach. It is important, when contacting the PBX, to provide them with as much information as possible to enable them to accurrately assess your needs in order to connect you to the respective area in an efficient manner.
Some Helpful Tips
The Kendall Campus is considered the largest, of the eight Campuses, within Miami Dade College serving over 45,000 students per semester. Here are some tips that will make it easier for you to navigate through our location:
- If you know the specific department that you need, just provide the operator with the name of that department. eg. Admissions, Financial Aid, Transcripts, etc.
- Our organizational structure is quite extensive, therefore there are many areas that may share the same or very similar titles, but actually deal with very specific issues. For example, if you are unsure of the specific area, these may be able to assist you:
- Student Services - Deals with all issues pertaining to services provided to students (eg. Admissions, Advisement, International Students, Student Life, etc).
- Academic Affairs - Deals with academic issues pertaining to your classroom experience (eg. Course availability, Faculty Assignments/Issues, Grade Appeals, etc).
- Administrative Services - Deals with the general administration of the Campus (eg. Budget, Public Safety, Custodial Services, Maintenance, etc).
- There are three (3) departments on Campus that deal with English Courses:
- ESOL - School of Continuing Education & Professional Development (These programs are for students whose native, or home, language is other than English or have limited skills in reading, writing, and speaking English. These are non-credit english courses offered, at a low cost).
- EAP - World Languages Department (these are credit courses that teach students academic English through writing, reading, listening/speaking, and grammar courses. The courses prepare students to succeed in college and in careers, through the development of academic language skills for native and non-native speakers of English. EAP courses are very often pre-sessional courses . That is, they are taken before the students' main academic courses start).
- ENC, LIT, CRW - English & Communications Department (these are credit "college level" courses that are required for degree seeking students planning to transfer to upper level division programs).
- There are some areas that serve the College as a whole, not just Kendall Campus; the Transcripts Department, within the Collegewide Registrar's Office, is one of these areas. Please bear in mind that this is the department that receive, evaluates, and processes trancripts (both incoming and outgoing) for ALL STUDENTS in the College.
- Do you need an "Employment Verification"? These are handled by the Payroll Department.
- Do you need an "Enrollment Verification"? These can be obtained online, by accessing the student portal.
The mission of PBX is to provide the campus and community with accurate, speedy, and responsive information.
We would appreciate receiving your comments about our services.
|Location:||Rooms 5125||Department Phone:||305-237-2000|
|Office Hours:||Monday through Friday 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM|