The Advisement and Career Services Department provides information to new and continuing students about Miami Dade College services and academic programs. Advisors help students choose courses to meet their educational and career goals. The department also provides information to transfer students, incoming and outgoing transient students, works with students on Standards of Academic Progress (SOAP), guides students toward an academic pathway, and helps students determine their eligibility to graduate.
Our department is committed to assisting our diverse student population by providing the following service:
Services We Provide:
- General Academic and Career Advisement for New and Continuing Students
- Information for Dual Enrollment/Early Admission Students
- Information for MDC/FIU Dual Admission Program
- Information regarding the Disney College Program
- Development of MAP (My Academic Plan)
- Testing Information
- Registration Assistance for Transient Students
- Registration Assistance for Transfer Students
- Academic Advisement for students who are on Academic Warning, Probation, Suspension, and Dismissal (SOAP)
- Course Withdrawals
- Financial Aid SAP Appeal
- Veterans Assistance and Advisement
- Change of Pathway
- Graduation Review
- Career and Transfer Information
- Career and Resume Workshops
Students may now access some Advisement Services forms online. Please click on the appropriate link below to download the form you need.
- Academic Suspension and Dismissal Appeal Online Form
- Change of Academic Pathway
- Academic Programs
- Graduation Application
- Video Tutorial: SOAP
NOTE: Please fax these forms to (305)237-2334. Allow 48-72 hours processing time, excluding holidays.
|Office Hours:||Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
NOTE: To ensure service, please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing.