|VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance)|
Provides FREE tax help in the community. Volunteers help people with basic tax returns, particularly those with low and limited income, individuals with disabilities, non-English speaking and elderly taxpayers.
|About the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program
Documents the taxpayers should bring to the Center:
• Social Security Cards (originals) for taxpayers and his/her dependents;
• W-2 Earning Statements;
• 1099s (Interest, dividends, etc.);
• Documentation to support deductions to be claimed on tax return;
• 1098T to claim the educational credit;
• Copy of the income tax return for 2008; and
• Any other pertinent information.
Volunteer Business Students will prepare:
• Form 1040EZ.
• Form 1040A with Sch. 1, 2, 3 & EIC.
• Form 1040 with Sch. A, B, C-EZ, EIC, R & SE.
• Student Loan Deduction.
• Form 1040V.
• Form 2441 (Child and Dependant Care Credit).
• Form 8812 (Additional Child Tax Credit).
• Form 8863 (Education Credits).
• Earned Income Credit.
Volunteer Business Students will not prepare:
• Schedule C (Profit and Loss from Business; unless it’s for the 1099Misc.).
• Complicated and Advanced Schedule D (Capital Gains and Losses).
• Schedule E (Rents and Royalties).
• Form SS-5 (Requests for Social Security Number).
• Form 2106 (Employee Business Expenses).
• Form 3903 (Moving).
• Form 8606 (Nondeductible IRA).
• Form 8615 (Minor’s Investment Income).
|All tax questions will only be answered at the Center.|