Library Research Assignment
Select a librarian...
1. Which of these can you identify as a call number for a book in the MDC
Kendall Campus library?
a. PQ 8180.17 A73 O6 1970.
c. 861.06 Q8c
2. Which database would be the best to choose for this topic?
Lifestyle of the actor Tom Hanks
a. Health and Wellness Resource Center
b. Issues and Controversies
c. Biography Resource Center
d. Military Full Text
3. Which database would be the best to choose for this topic?
Illnesses caused by smoking
a. Health and Wellness
c. Biography Resource
d. Military Full Text
4. Online library periodical databases always contain the full text of
5. To locate books in the library you would use
a. periodical index
b. internet search engine
c. LINCC online catalog
d. Reserve Room
6. To find a book written by Ruben Dario in the library, I would:
a. Use the LINCC catalog to search by
b. Use the Biography Resource
c. Look in the Reserve Room
d. Use the LINCC catalog to search by
7. The Miami Dade College Libraries do not use the Library of Congress system
for arranging books on the shelves.
8. It is possible for Miami
students to access library databases using a home computer.
9. Students may renew library books online through the library web page.
Use the example below to answer questions 10-13. This sample page contains an
article citation from the database Academic Search Premier.
10. The title of this article is
b. Designers Envision the Future of
c. Ebsco Host
11. The author of this article is
a. Product Preview
c. no author's name given
d. Intel Corp.
12. The source of this article is
a. result list
d. Laptop Computers
13. The date of this article is
a. Issue 3864
c. p. 28
d. July, 2007
*To answer questions 14-16, go to the MDC Learning Resources website: www.mdc.edu/libraries
*Click the Articles/Databases tab. Click Databases A-Z. Log in with your student number from your MDC Card and your PIN (last four digits of your student number). † Choose Biography In Context..
*Search for Isabel Allende.
14. What is
her year of birth?
15. What is
Click on this personís name.
16. What is
the source of this information?
To answer questions 17 - 20, refer to this sample page.
17. Who is
the author of this book?
18. What is
the title of this book?
19. Which Miami Dade campus owns
20. In what
city was this book published?