Are you looking for a college with a strong academic reputation that offers a good value and is guaranteed to be a great stepping stone to your future? Miami Dade is that college. We are interested in students who want to explore a world of opportunities. We may be the largest college in the nation, but we offer small classes where you’ll get to know your professors and classmates. In fact, we consider ourselves a diverse yet tight-knit family of scholars. Here you’ll find experienced professors, noted scholars, and professionals in both business and industry—a host of people eager to walk beside you throughout your time at Miami Dade.
MDC offers daytime and evening courses, as well as a Weekend College, with classes scheduled Friday evenings, Saturday and Sunday.
We offer more than 150 academic programs leading to the Associate in Arts (A.A.), Associate in Science (A.S.), Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.), and Bachelor of Science (B.S.) (in several fields), Bachelor of Applied Science (in criminal justice), as well as numerous certificates. Learn more about these degrees. Also, high school students with a strong academic background may apply to be part of our prestigious Honors College.
- Credit Programs - Miami Dade College's academic programs are developed to meet the needs of both individual students and the community. College credit programs are offered in general education, occupational/technical, nursing, allied health, business and public service disciplines. You can take a credit course that counts toward your degree option or take a course for your own fulfillment but not required for degree completion.
- The Honors College - The Honors College at MDC is a challenging, rigorous program of study that draws top high school graduates in the region. Students earn an Associate in Arts degree, with Honors, and continue on to the finest colleges and universities in the nation, including Yale, Stanford, Williams College, Cornell, Columbia, Georgetown, NYU, Georgia Tech, and other top schools.
- New World School of the Arts - NWSA is Florida's premier center of excellence in the visual and performing arts. As a conservatory, NWSA develops talented students in the areas of dance, music, theater and visual arts from the ninth grade in high school through a Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor in Music college degree.
- High School Options - Miami Dade College offers a host of innovative and dynamic programs that allow high school students to accelerate their learning via MDC's Dual Enrollment Program, earning both high school and college credit.
- e-Learning - The Virtual College Department offers Associates Degree Programs with over 90 courses online. Using the latest technologies, students can access their courses via the Internet and complete their learning objectives without coming to campus.
- Non-Credit Programs - Fulfilling personal goals or expanding skills and knowledge is possible through a full range of non-credit programs at MDC. Courses are offered through the School of Continuing Education & Professional Development, Adult Education, GED Preparation, English as a Second Language, and more.
Miami Dade College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate and baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Miami Dade College.
With the strength of our academic programs behind them, our graduates transfer to the nation’s top schools, including Yale, Harvard, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Georgia Institute of Technology, Cornell, William and Mary, Georgetown, and New York University.