World’s Top Dancers Grace Stage and Screen at MDC
Many of the world’s top ballet dancers descended upon South Florida during the XV Anniversary International Ballet Festival of Miami (IBFM), co-sponsored by Miami Dade College.
The event kicked off at MDC’s Tower Theater with the launching of the Dance Film Series and continued for more than two weeks, with performances, lectures, workshops and master classes at MDC’s North Campus and other local venues.
Now in its 15th season, IBFM brings to local venues hundreds of talented principal dancers representing the best companies from around the world. This year, participating companies included American Ballet Theater, Compañía Nacional de Danza (Mexico), the English National Ballet and the National Ballet of Hungary.
Under the direction of IBFM Founder and Artistic Director Pedro Pablo Peña, the festival has become a fall staple on the South Florida calendar with five spectacular performances at area theaters. It is recognized as one of the most acclaimed ballet festivals in the United States by many dance critics around the world.
More Cultural Spotlight Articles
- Take Part in smART Way to Help Students
- Two Decades of Cultura and Twice the Love From the NEA
- MDC Professor’s Book Celebrates Rich Heritage of Cuban Ballet
- Using Dance to Develop Body, Mind and Soul
- Thespian Returns to Lift Others into Limelight
- Prometeo Revives Lope de Vega Classic
- This Fall, All the World's a Stage for MDC Theatergoers
- Powerful Memories Come to Life at AGS
- New Director Takes Helm of Film Festival
- Donation Enriches MDC’s Treasure Trove of Moving Images
- Chilean Film Festival at the Tower Theater
- MDC Student Film a Scary Success
- Sweet Sounds of Jazz Fill Fall Air