Obama Picks Padrón to Lead National Initiative
President Barack Obama appointed MDC President Eduardo J. Padrón to chair the new White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanic Americans during a recent official meeting in Washington, D.C.
President Barack Obama has selected MDC President Eduardo J. Padrón to chair the newly created White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanic Americans. He will lead a group of academics, business leaders and philanthropists charged with the responsibility to provide guidance to the Administration on education issues related to Hispanics and to address academic excellence and opportunities in the Hispanic community. Five U.S. presidents have chosen Padrón for posts of national prominence in the past.
“I want to thank Eduardo Padrón for this. He is a leader in my efforts,” said President Obama during his presentation.
More Features Articles
- Nobel Laureate Brings Big Plan to MDC
- MDC Students Help NBC and Nation Redefine Education System
- Pointing the Way to Sustainably Meeting the World’s Energy Needs
- Going Pink for a Cause
- Good Economic News in Tough Times
- A Bright Harvest Moon Brings Chinese Culture to MDC and South Florida
- Building a Better Student Experience
- MDC Invests in Nation’s Future by Seeking Mentors for Kids
- Starting Locally, Finishing Globally
- In Women’s Volleyball, Sharks Ranked No. 1 in Nation
- For Women’s Basketball Team, It’s Time to Shine
- Recruits Bring Optimism for Men’s Basketball
- Affordable Health Care
- Hospitality Summit
- Nine Days That Changed the World
- Aspiring Authors Find Inspiration, Advice at Miami Book Fair