MDC again named “Best Neighbor”
Throughout the country, Miami Dade College has been celebrated for being essential to the prosperity and future of South Florida’s diverse communities.
Most recently, MDC was named a top 25 "Best Neighbor" college alongside Tulane University, the University of Pennsylvania, George Washington University, the University of Southern California, Emory University and Carnegie-Mellon University, among other respected schools.
MDC was the only Florida institution and community college featured on the list.
"MDC really belongs to this community. This award reflects a commitment to the community that is shared by faculty and staff throughout the College," said MDC President Dr. Eduardo J. Padrón.
The list was compiled by Dr. Even S. Dobelle, president of Westfield State College and former member of the New England Board of Higher Education, who created the "Saviors of Our Cities: Survey of Best College and University Civic Partnerships" project.
"Saviors of Our Cities" is an extension of Dr. Dobelle’s original survey and ranking of civically engaged institutions created in 2006, which also included MDC. The institutions were selected for their positive impact on their urban communities, including both commercial and residential activities, such as revitalization, cultural renewal, economics and community service and development.
More Features Articles
- Padrón named Floridian of the Year
- TIME names MDC president one of top 10
- Growing STEMs - $3 million grant supports students in sciences
- Federal funds key to innovation
- Mission-Driven Philanthropy
- Carnegie/CASE Award goes to North Campus professor
- MDC celebrates inauguration of new science complex
- $1 Million helps MDC help students
- MDC captures several Florida Campus Compact awards
- Chancellor΄s “Best Practices Award” goes to MDC
- Organic produce comes to Wolfson
- Student-athletes and coaches honored