Stars of the Class of 2010
During the recent Commencement exercises, nearly 11,000 students received associate and bachelor’s degrees and certificates. A new study also highlights MDC's impressive statistics. In this year's "Top 100 Associate Degree Producers," MDC once again took first place nationwide. In addition, the College holds top ranking for the number of associate degrees awarded to minorities.
Speaking to the recent graduates, President Clinton said, "Look at their differences, not just their different skin colors and genders and age, but their differences in faith and thinking and politics."
Aside from setting statistical records, MDC students are establishing new traditions – in their lives, in their families’ lives, throughout the country and around the world. The 12 stories that follow offer glimpses of how they are changing themselves and the future.
- Crossing bridges: Andrés González
- Building farms: Stephanie Del Pino
- Smiling away: Dominique Moreau
- Speaking up for others: Bárbara Cabrera
- Finding his niche: Michael Finch II
- Mastering all styles: Daniel Rodríguez
- Leading the way: Yoel López
- Building her future: María Villarraga
- Juggling it all: Yarylys Cardentey
- Caring for infants: Ashley Díaz
- Faithfully stepping forward: Kerene Jackson
- Accepting all challenges: Juliette Llado