New Center to Meet Kendall Campus’ Growing Needs
At the ceremony: SGA President Luisa Santos, Kendall Campus President Dr. Lourdes Oroza and MDC Trustee Armando Bucelo Jr.
MDC’s Kendall Campus recently held a groundbreaking ceremony for its new Academic Support Center. The building will centralize student services – such as Admissions, Registration and Financial Aid – in an accessible, LEED-certified, state-of-the-art facility. The center also will become the new home for MDC’s acclaimed School of Business and provide 21 additional classrooms.
Kendall Campus President Dr. Lourdes Oroza said the center will help serve the campus’ growing population, which has increased 35 percent since 1997.
“The building will provide better service and new technology for students, as well as accommodate our growth,” she said.
More Features Articles
- MDC President to Chair American Council on Education
- Albright Lights Up Miami and MDC
- Albright, Herbie and All That Jazz
- MDC Degrees, Certificates Pay Off for Graduates
- Aquatic Center Builds U.S. Homeland Security
- New Culinary Institute Offers Epicurean Excellence
- MDC’s Student Learning Outcomes Praised
- MDC Helps Meet U.S. Demand for Nurses
- Meek Center Keeps Building on MDC's Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Costa Rica Offers Lessons on Earth’s Wonders
- Chinese Culture Comes to Life at MDC
- Consortium Students Bring New Perspectives to MDC
- Gilman Scholarship Opens Doors for Study Abroad
- Opera Buffs Find Argentine Delights at Wolfson
- StatWay Creates Path to Success in Math
- Great Stories Give Teens New Outlooks on Life
- Health Fair is Perfect Prescription for Community
- MDC Job Fair Links Graduates to Jobs
- Partnership Improves Aviation Safety in China