Dr. Thomas W. Meyer, dean of Academic Affairs at Miami Dade College’s Wolfson Campus, was recently elected to the board of directors of the American Conference of Academic Deans (ACAD).
Making Their Mark
MDC Academic Affairs Dean Joins National Board
Dr. Thomas W. Meyer
Honored to serve on ACAD’s board, Meyer said, “I hope to raise awareness of the important role community colleges play locally and nationally.”
ACAD – an independent, national nonprofit organization established in 1945 – works to provide the resources academic administrators need to excel. Meyer seeks to help develop ACAD’s strategic planning.
“As President Obama said in his recent commencement address here to MDC’s Class of 2011, the U.S. goal by 2020 is to have the highest percentage of college graduates in the world,” Meyer said. “Community colleges can help greatly to achieve this.”
Meyer brings academic and business expertise to his new post. With more than 20 years of teaching and training experience, he also has worked in the private sector as a management consultant.
More Making Their Mark Articles
- A Winning Combination
- Building on MDC’s Multiplier Effect
- Haitian Community Honors MDC Nursing Professor
- MDC’s Great Baseball Tradition Grows
- Expanding the Curriculum
- Business Students Capture Top Honors
- Three’s the Charm
- Five MDC Professors Receive Excellence Awards
- Softball Team Nabs State and District Titles
- Star MDC Athlete Ready to Help Kids
- Honored to Have Been at Honors College