Supervision Bachelor's Degree a Hit
Miami Dade College and St. Thomas University have forged a new academic partnership to offer MDC students a smooth transition into graduate-level studies.
“This collaboration represents a tremendous advantage to our students because the curricula are complementary,” said MDC Kendall Campus President Dr. Lourdes Oroza.
Meeting Workforce Needs
Introduced in the spring of 2010, MDC’s Bachelor of Applied Science with a major in Supervision and Management (BAS-SM) combines practical experience with in-depth study of management principles. Developed as a solution to workforce needs, it is one of several MDC programs at both the bachelor’s and associate’s levels that is specifically designed for students currently employed who want to earn a degree to increase their career opportunities.
“These students are preparing to become the future business leaders and entrepreneurs in our community,” Dr. Oroza said.
At a recent signing ceremony, Miami Dade College and St. Thomas both formally agreed to help students in MDC’s BAS-SM program to enter St. Thomas University’s Master of Science in Management program through an automatic enrollment process.
MDC continues to be at the forefront of meeting the needs of its community and students with new programs and courses. As a result, demand for these classes has increased exponentially. The BAS-SM program, offered at MDC’s Kendall, North and Wolfson campuses, had just 91 students enrolled last year; there now are more than 1,800 students currently enrolled in the program. MDC’s School of Business is one of the fastest growing areas of the College, enrolling more than 12,000 students in their many programs offered at seven of Miami Dade College’s eight
More Features Articles
- MDC: Best Place to Work, Again!
- MDC Producing Top Teachers
- Taxicab Driver Training Brings Back Service With a Smile
- MDC Makes President’s Honor Roll for Fifth Year
- Moving Image Archives Move Into 21st Century
- Former Colombian Leader Receives MDC’s Highest Honor
- A Noble Appointment
- Meeting the Needs of the Underserved
- Surviving the Golden Hour
- Building a Solid Future
- Virtual-Coach helps at-risk students, wins innovation award
- East Meets West at MDC’s Confucius Institute
- MDC Broadens Business Ties
- A Gateway to New Horizons
- MDC Expands Fast-Track Business Program
- Students Give A+ to Bachelor's Programs
- MDC, Wheaton Join Forces for Seamless Transfers
- Work Solutions Puts People Back in Workforce
- Bachelor's in Biological Sciences to Meet Workforce Needs
- World Leaders Expand Students’ Global Perspectives
- Focusing on Diverse Abilities