Perfecting Their Pitches
MDC's workshops helped students succinctly describe a business, product or service to potential clients or investors in the span of an elevator ride – about 90 seconds.
Dozens of students and local business owners attended the recent “Perfect Your Pitch” workshop at MDC’s Kendall Campus to learn how to quickly and effectively present their business ideas.
The event helped prepare attendants for the 2011 Launch Pad Elevator Pitch Contest held in partnership with the University of Miami during Global Entrepreneurship Week. Winners of the contest compete for more than $100,000 in prizes to help launch or grow their businesses as well as the media attention that the contest draws.
The two-hour workshop helped students succinctly describe a business, product or service to potential clients or investors in the span of an elevator ride – about 90 seconds.
“Business entrepreneurs have to be ready when the opportunity comes because they may not have the same chance twice,” said Thania Ríos, director of Kendall Campus’ School of Business.
Free and open to the public, the workshop marked the first time Miami Dade College’s School of Business partnered with UM’s Launch Pad; a similar workshop was also held at North Campus in October.
“We’re going to continuing offering more opportunities for student interaction,” Rios said. “We want to give MDC students the skills they need to start their own businesses.”
More Academics Articles
- Grants Pave Road to Excellence
- Making 3,000 Dreams Come True
- MDC High Schools Set U.S. Bar Higher
- MDC Clinics Meet Local Health Needs
- Students Ace Boards
- Poised to Excel
- A Bachelor’s With a Bonus
- Nursing Programs Gets Maximum Accreditation
- MDC Helps Girls Break Glass Ceilings
- Medical Programs Lead to Hot Jobs
- Professor Honored for Service-Learning Effort
- MDC’s Virtual College is a Role Model for Others
- Lights, Cameras, Careers!
- MDC Produces Revolutionary Tech Advances