Carnegie Corporation Lauds MDC President
MDC President Dr. Eduardo J. Padrón, left, and Dr. Vartan Gregorian, president of the Carnegie Corporation.
The Board of Trustees of the prestigious Carnegie Corporation of New York has awarded Miami Dade College President Dr. Eduardo J. Padrón with the 2011 Carnegie Corporation Academic Leadership Award, which includes $500,000 in unrestricted funds for the MDC president to use for academic initiatives.
Miami Dade College’s exemplary record of student achievement has earned the College accolades in the past year by the nation’s top granting and educational organizations, including the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Lumina Foundation and the Aspen Institute, along with many others.
More Features Articles
- MDC Ranks at Top
- Single Stop Helps Students Excel
- New Faculty Showcase MDC’s Diversity
- MDC Lauds Trio of Pioneers
- MDC Shines in Attracting Students
- Renewable Energy Experts Convene at MDC
- Great Honors College Students Grow Stronger
- New Dean Focuses on Students’ Success
- Top-Notch TV Worth Watching
- Heading to the Great Outdoors
- MDC Volleyball Star is U.S. Hit
- Baseball is Family Affair at MDC
- Dynamic Coach to Lead Men’s Basketball Team
- Pathways to Lifelong Success