Renewable Energy Experts Convene at MDC
Florida Agriculture Commissioner Adam Putnam is a speaker at Only Sustainable 2011.
Also speaking at the conference was Margaret M. Cullen, Canadian Development Commissioner for Energy.
For the second year in a row, Miami Dade College is hosting business and government leaders from around the globe this fall at Only Sustainable 2011, a unique international conference on renewable energy.
The event attracts hundreds of local and international participants for three days of lectures and discussions on the strategies and logistics of sustainable energy production.
The second annual conference is a “vital meeting place for investors, banks, companies, scientists, governments and other actors within the renewable energy sector,” said Only Sustainable Director Javier P. Palencia.
The exceptional lineup of more than 40 speakers includes Adam Putnam, Florida Commissioner of Agriculture; F. Javier Salazar, chairman of Mexico’s Energy Regulatory Commission; Ronald A. Brisé, commissioner, Florida Public Service Commission; and Margaret M. Cullen, Canadian Development Commissioner for Energy.
MDC President Dr. Eduardo J. Padrón’s presence on the conference advisory board highlights the school’s leadership in environmental awareness and education.
— Staff Report
More Features Articles
- Carnegie Corporation Lauds MDC President
- MDC Ranks at Top
- Single Stop Helps Students Excel
- New Faculty Showcase MDC’s Diversity
- MDC Lauds Trio of Pioneers
- MDC Shines in Attracting Students
- Great Honors College Students Grow Stronger
- New Dean Focuses on Students’ Success
- Top-Notch TV Worth Watching
- Heading to the Great Outdoors
- MDC Volleyball Star is U.S. Hit
- Baseball is Family Affair at MDC
- Dynamic Coach to Lead Men’s Basketball Team
- Pathways to Lifelong Success