MDC Hosts Regional Science and Engineering Fair
North Campus recently held the South Florida Regional Science and Engineering Fair, which attracted hundreds of students from Miami-Dade County public schools.
Students from around Miami-Dade County experimented with different science projects at the fair.
More than 1,000 students from Miami-Dade County Public Schools had a chance to showcase their scientific knowledge and engineering know-how at the South Florida Regional Science and Engineering Fair held at MDC’s North Campus.
Elementary, middle and high school students presented science projects and participated in interactive workshops and experiments, providing them an opportunity to learn about careers in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics, also known as the STEM fields. The hands-on activities are a fun and interesting approach to getting the students interested in these important arenas since college graduates with STEM-related degrees are highly sought after for in-demand, well-paying jobs in a variety of industries.
North Campus was an ideal venue as it has long been known for its science programs and more recently for its state-of-the-art Science Complex.
More Features Articles
- Bachelor’s Programs Open Doors to Success
- Global Leaders Broaden Educational Experience
- 305 Rise Answers the Call for Excellence
- MDC at Forefront of Electronic Health Records
- Forums Shine Spotlight on Civil Rights
- MDC Serving Community Health Needs
- NWSA Helps Student Overcome Disease
- Caring for the World
- Hall of Fame Welcomes Exceptional Alumni