Eduardo J. Padrón
Office of the President
300 N.E. Second Avenue
Miami, Florida 33132-2297
Message From the President
Monday, August 18, 2008
MDC Closed at 2 p.m. Monday and All Day Tuesday
Miami Dade College will close all operations beginning today at 2 p.m. and will remain closed on Tuesday, Aug. 19, due to Tropical Storm Fay. Essential personnel should consult with their supervisors as to reporting.
In the coming days, you will receive regular updates regarding the status of College operations and classes via the following vehicles:
- MDC Hotline: 305-237-7500. Provides general information and updates.
- MDC Employee Hotline: 305-237-7505. Provides more detailed information about College and campus conditions and plans.
- MDC Alerts: Registered users will receive an alert from the College's new wireless emergency notification system when there are recommended protective actions or a change in normally scheduled College operations. As mentioned above, if you have not signed up for MDC Alerts, please do so by clicking here.
- MDC Home page: www.mdc.edu.
- Local media: Postings regarding College closing and reopening information and other important news will be communicated to the major media.
All MDC faculty, staff and students should call the MDC Hotline at least once daily to receive instructions and the latest information regarding College operations. It is anticipated that the College will reopen Wednesday, Aug. 20.
Please exercise vigilance on the road and stay safe.