Eduardo J. Padrón
Office of the President
300 N.E. Second Avenue
Miami, Florida 33132-2297
Message From the President
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Tropical Storm Warning for Miami-Dade County
The National Weather Service has issued a Tropical Storm Warning for all of Miami-Dade County. While the forecast does not suggest any major impact for South Florida at this time, the Miami Dade College Emergency Planning Team is monitoring the track of the storm and maintaining regular contact with officials in our community and throughout the state. This storm does provide a good opportunity to, once again, review workplace and personal hurricane plans, especially as we head into the peak of the season.
Updates regarding the status of College operations will be distributed via the following vehicles:
- MDC Hotline: 305-237-7500.
- MDC Employee Hotline: 305-237-7505.
- MDC Alerts: Registered users will receive an alert from the College's wireless emergency notification system when there are recommended protective actions or a change in normally scheduled College operations.
- MDC Home page: www.mdc.edu.
- Local media: Postings regarding College closing and reopening information and other important news will be communicated to the major media.
In the event that the College does close during hurricane season, please call the MDC Hotline at least once daily to receive instructions and the latest information regarding the status of classes and operations.
Thank you and be safe.