Miami Dade College is an institution that sets the standard among colleges in the U.S., and the institution’s highly respected academic programs are complemented by a number of prestigious international events. Of mention, Miami Book Fair International and Miami International Film Festival are two signature events that bring hundreds of worldrenowned authors, publishers, filmmakers and actors to the College twice a year for the cultural enrichment of our students and the community.
Miami is America’s international city, and its streets are filled with the distinct sounds and sights of our close Caribbean, Central and South American neighbors. At our beaches, shops and sidewalks, the voices of visitors from Africa, Asia and Europe buzz with excitement. There’s no better place for international students to pursue their academic studies than the welcoming, cosmopolitan Magic City of Miami.
From entertainment and recreation, including exciting nightclubs, music and dance concerts, gallery showings and art exhibitions, Miami is the best! White sand beaches, water sports under the glorious Florida sun – not to mention the most popular destinations in the United States – are within a relatively short driving distance from Miami.
- Miami Book Fair International — Attend readings and talks by famous authors and a street fair of booksellers and events, every November.
- Miami International Film Festival – Watch screenings, premiers and award ceremonies for films representing artists from more than 50 countries, every March.
- South Beach — Dance your nights away at the international destination for fun, sand, sun and nightlife.
- Florida Theme Parks — Visit Disney World, Universal Studios, Busch Gardens, Sea World and other parks for fast-paced thrills.
- Biscayne Bay — Explore the bay and the islands of the rich marine environment surrounding Miami.
- Florida Keys and Key West — Snorkel, dive, fish and explore the southernmost point of the continental U.S. with some of the world’s most unique marine environments.
- Florida Everglades – Witness the exotic and untamed tropical wilderness, and study the restoration project preserving one of the world’s ecological treasures.
- Kennedy Space Center – Tour the center and review America’s space exploration, or watch a live shuttle launch.