The Honors College is a separate and distinctly unique college-wide initiative within Miami Dade College. It is designed to meet the needs of a select group of goal-oriented, academically talented students who can endure substantially more intellectual examination, who would benefit from more faculty-student interaction than is typically possible in the regular or traditional classroom setting and who would, therefore, thrive from collaborations in an intensely focused, multi-dimensional learning environment as well as diverse and alternative curricular offerings.
Each year more than 500 scholars in the Honors College gain a new global perspective through special opportunities for intellectual collaborations, leadership, travel, career explorations, and scholarships.
- As an Honors College student, you will learn by investigating and analyzing. Your professors will encourage you to explore, synthesize and evaluate in this rigorous program. After receiving your A.A. degree, you will be able to join former Honors college students who have transferred to top universities like Yale, Stanford, Williams College, Cornell, and Columbia.
First-time in college students must meet one of the following:
- 3.7 GPA, and college level placement on the CPT, SAT or ACT, or
- Combined SAT score of 1200, or
- Enhanced ACT score of 26
For the honors dual language program only:
- Spanish SATII score of 600, or
- Advanced Placement score of 4 on the Spanish Language or Spanish Literature test