- SAS Ranked #6 in Newsweek’s 2013 list of America’s Best High Schools
- SAS Ranked in the top 100 of the 2013 Washington Post list of Best High Schools in the U.S.A
- 100% Participation in SAT
- Highest SAT average in Critical Reading, Mathematics and Writing in Miami-Dade County
- Highest ACT composite scores of any high school in Miami-Dade County
- SAT average above district, state and national averages
- 100% Graduation Rate
- 100% Post-Secondary Transition
- 95% Bright Future Scholarship Recipients
- 100% of the Class of 2013 graduated With Honors
- 17.3 million dollars of scholarship money awarded to 2013 SAS graduates
- National Merit Scholars
- National Achievement Scholars
- National Hispanic Scholars
- Gates Millennium Scholars
- Broad Prize Scholars
- QuestBridge Scholars
- AP Scholars with Distinction, AP Scholars with Honor, AP Scholars – SAS has the highest percentage of students earning these honors of any high school in MDCPS
School for Advanced Studies - Class of 2013 Profile
- 100% percent of our seniors earned their high school diploma.
- 100% of our students plan to pursue post-secondary studies.
- 95.4% of this graduating class has qualified as Florida Bright Futures Scholars.
- $17.3 million dollars in scholarships were awarded to the Class of 2013 comprised of 252 students
- Among them are:
- 6 POSSE Award Recipients
- 2 QuestBridge Scholars
- 1 Quest Scholar
- 3 Ford Salute to Education Scholars
- 40 Advanced Placement Scholars with Distinction
- 20 Advanced Placement Scholars with Honors
- 54 Advanced Placement Scholars.
- 1 National Merit Scholar
- 1 National Achievement Scholar
- 12 National Hispanic Scholars
- 2013 State Moot Court Champions
- 2013 District Mock Trial Champions
- 2013 District African American Brain Bowl Champions
- 2013 District We the People Champions and State Runner-up
- 2013 District Brain Jeopardy Champions
- Miami Herald Silver Knight Honorable Mention Winner in Music and Dance
- 4 Students with Perfect Attendance for all 13 years of school
- 184 graduates, representing 73% of the Class of 2013, earned the Superintendent's Diploma of Distinction.
- 226 of our graduates representing 90% of the Class of 2013 had already earned an Associate in Arts degree from Miami Dade College at the time of their high school graduation.
- 70% of our seniors graduated from Miami Dade College with Honors, with 46% graduated with Gold Honors and a GPA of 3.7 and above from Miami Dade College.
- 97 SAS scholars representing 38.5% of our graduating class had a weighted GPA of at least 6.0 and 6 students had a GPA above a 7.0.
- 100% of the seniors in the SAS Class of 2013 are graduating as either Summa Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude or Cum Laude.
Members of the Graduating Class of 2013 were accepted at 26 of the top 50 universities in the United States. They are now attending many distinguished Colleges and Universities. Among them: Cal Tech, Stanford,
MIT, University of Chicago, University of Pennsylvania, Duke, Johns Hopkins, Washington University at St. Louis, Rice University, Vanderbilt University, University of Notre Dame, Emory University, University of California at Berkeley, Carnegie Mellon, University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA), University of Virginia, Wake Forest University, University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, New York University, University of Rochester, Case Western University, University of Miami, University of California - Santa Barbara, University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign, and will be well represented in all of the best colleges and universities in State of Florida.
School for Advanced Studies is a Nationally Recognized High School of Excellence ranked 6th Best High School in America in 2013 by Newsweek Magazine and top 100 Best High School in the nation by the Washington Post.