Mission / Vision
The School for Advanced Studies is committed to a comprehensive academic program which will enable our students to become ethical, productive, and active members of society.
The School for Advanced Studies enables highly motivated students to achieve their academic and personal potential through an accelerated, full-time high school dual-enrollment program in a college setting. In the process, students develop high levels of self-esteem, mutual respect, and appreciation for cultural diversity while demonstrating responsibility and independence as self-directed life-long scholars.
- Student learning is the chief priority for the school, with a focus on skills for transition from secondary to college study
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs
- A safe and physically comfortable and small school environment promotes student learning
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning
- Cultural diversity can increase students' understanding of different peoples and cultures
- A student's self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to become confident, self-directed, life-long learners