Educate Tomorrow at Single Stop
Who we are:
We are a new program at MDC, in collaboration with Educate Tomorrow, designed to support students who receive the tuition waiver from the Department of Children and Families, with the goal of creating a strong network of support, streamlined academic and financial advising and access to services in the community in order to increase academic progress and graduation rates.
Did you know……?
Those who age out of foster care, were adopted or in relative care under the Department of Children and Families are eligible for free tuition and fees to any Florida state university or college.
Academic success and having a strong supportive community around you go hand in hand.
More than a billion dollars of federal benefits go unclaimed each year. Find out if you qualify for financial benefits and services.
Services available to students:
- Academic Support Services
- Referrals to Campus and Community Resources
- Financial aid, scholarship and potential tuition assistance
- Career and Academic Advising
- Linkages to community resources, such as Independent Living Skills Program, internships, camps and college tours
- On-campus mentoring to link with college resources and programs
- Student Advocacy
- Fun and interactive events through the mentoring program
For additional information, please contact:
Ms. Wendy Joseph