Become a Mentor!
Who we are
- The MDC Single Stop Mentoring Program is an innovative initiative at Miami Dade College, placing students in two-year mentoring relationships to provide them with the additional support needed to persist toward a college degree.
- Free volunteer opportunity that is tailored to fit the schedule of a busy professional
- Network with other professionals
- Mentors and mentees get to know each other through weekly emails and monthly group events. We organize all events and provide topics for all emails.
- Make a difference: Imagine watching your mentee graduate, knowing your guidance helped them get there
Who is eligible?
- Anyone living in the Miami area who is 24 years or older and has completed a two or four year college degree
What do you have to do?
- Fill out a mentor application
- Attend a one-time mentor orientation
- Successfully complete the mentor screening process, which includes a background check, interview and reference checks
- Send one weekly email on an interesting topic that we provide
- See your mentee once a month at the MDC Single Stop sponsored event at either the MDC North or Wolfson (Downtown) campus (most events are Tuesday or Wednesday evening from 6-8pm)
Get a Mentor!
New MDC Single Stop Mentoring Program!
If this is your first time in college, you're 18-24 years old, and eligible for financial aid… this can be yours.
- A personal mentor who is dedicated to seeing you graduate
- An Academic Advisor you can visit anytime
- Quick answers to your questions about financial aid, college and careers
- Exciting Free Events
The MDC Single Stop Mentoring Program matches you with a working professional who is dedicated to seeing you graduate. Our Program Coordinator will be your Academic Advisor as long as you are enrolled in the mentoring program, so no waiting in lines. You only need to send one email a week to your mentor and meet your mentor once a month at our fun events! Events are held at North and Wolfson Campus on Tuesdays or Wednesdays from 6-8pm.
To participate you must attend a one-time orientation. Orientations are happening now!
Contact us for upcoming orientation dates!
Call: North Campus 305-237-1056 or Wolfson Campus 305-237-7510
Hope to see you at one of the orientations!
The MDC Single Stop Mentoring Program Team
Program Coordinator, North Campus
Program Coordinator, Wolfson Campus