FOCUS 2 is a self-paced online, interactive, self-guided career, and education planning system. FOCUS 2 can help you select a program of study based on your interests and aspirations, discover occupations matching your personal preferences and attributes, map out your career plans, and make informed career decisions.
In FOCUS 2, you can:
- Learn about yourself through five career assessment areas: work interests, leisure interests, skills, values and personality
- Map out your career and educational goals, personal development, and training needs
- Research particular career fields such as job outlook, salary by state, training and education, job duties, work conditions, and contact information
- Compare two occupations side by side
- Exploring the right major of study that will help you choose and move towards career goal
To Get Started on FOCUS 2:
Your account is available 24/7 via the internet. Your account will be active indefinitely, so you will even have access to it once you complete your educational goals at MDC.
What is my FOCUS 2 assignment?
All first time in college students will complete the following sections prior to meeting with your assigned advisor.
- Career Readiness
- Self Assessment
- Explore the Possibilities
A good strategy after using FOCUS 2 is to think about your results and discuss your ideas with your assigned advisor. Please bring a copy of your results with you to your mandatory advisement session.
How much time does it take to use FOCUS 2?
Most students spend between 1 to 2 hours completing their assignments in FOCUS 2, but there is no time limit!
Upon Completion of FOCUS 2:
You will receive a great deal of information about yourself and potential majors and careers. The best way to maximize your assessment is to meet with an Advisement & Career Services advisor to interpret your results. During the meeting you will have a chance to develop an action plan to help you achieve your academic and career goals.