The following is an alphabetical listing of the tests administered by Prov for Miami-Dade County in the State of Florida. All tests are open book and are timed. When you apply for your test, you will be provided detailed information about each test you are required to take for licensure. The information will describe the content of the test as well as provide information regarding study materials.
For detailed information visit www.provexam.com and read the Candidate Information Bulletin
Below is a list of available tests for Miami-Dade County Public Works and Waste Management.
- Asphalt Sealing Engineering
- Business Procedures
- Concrete Works Engineering
- Direct Burial Cable Television (CATV)
- Excavation and Grading Engineering
- Fuel Transmission & Distribution Lines Engineering
- General Engineering Land Clearing and Grubbing Engineering
- Paving Engineering Pile Driving & Foundations Engineering
- Pipe Lines Engineering
- Plant Construction Engineering
- Rail Road Construction Engineering
- Sea-walls & Small Docks Engineering
- Soil Compaction & Tamping Engineering
- Structural Engineering Contractor
- Underground Electrical & Communication Conduits Engineering
Below is a list of available tests for Miami-Dade Regulatory and Economic Resources Department Building Contractor Building Maintenance Communication Tower Concrete Forming and Placing Concrete Slab Sawing & Core Drilling Demolition Drywall Fence General Contractor Glass & Glazing Journeyman Air Conditioning Journeyman Burglar Alarm Journeyman Electrician Journeyman Fire Alarm Journeyman Fire Sprinkler.
- Building Contractor
- Building Maintenance
- Communication Tower
- Concrete Forming and Placing
- Concrete Slab Sawing & Core Drilling
- General Contractor
- Glass & Glazing
- Journeyman Air Conditioning
- Journeyman Burglar Alarm
- Journeyman Electrician
- Journeyman Fire Alarm
- Journeyman Fire Sprinkler
- Journeyman Gasfitter
- Journeyman Gasoline Tank & Pump
- Journeyman General Mechanical
- Journeyman Heating
- Journeyman Insulation
- Journeyman Plumber
- Journeyman Pneumatic Control Piping
- Journeyman Pressure & Process Piping
- Journeyman Refrigeration
- Journeyman Room Air Conditioning
- Journeyman Sheet Metal
- Journeyman Steam Generator Boilers & Piping
- Journeyman Sign Electrician
- Journeyman Warm Air Heating
- Lathing & Plastering
- Maintenance Electrician
- Master AC (Limited)
- Master AC (Unlimited)
- Master Ammonia Refrigeration
- Master Burglar Alarm
- Master TV Antenna
- Master Electrician
- Master Electric Utility
- Master Elevator Maintenance & Service
- Master Fire Alarm
- Master Gas Fitter
- Master Gasoline Tank & Pump
- Master General Mechanical
- Master Heating
- Master Insulation
- Master Lawn Sprinkler
- Master Low Voltage
- Master Plumber
- Master Pneumatic Control Piping
- Master Pneumatic Tube Conveyor System
- Master Pressure & Process Piping
- Master Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
- Master Refrigeration Limited
- Master Refrigeration Unlimited
- Master Room Air Conditioning
- Master Sheet Metal
- Master Sign Electrician
- Master Steam Generator Boiler & Piping
- Master Swimming Pool Maintenance Residential
- Master Swimming Pool Maintenance Commercial
- Master Swimming Pool Piping
- Master Transporting Assembly Installer
- Master Transporting Assembly Maintenance and Service
- Master Warm Air Heating Contractor
- Mechanical Maintenance
- Metal Awning & Storm Shutter
- Metal Decking & Siding
- Miscellaneous Metals
- Pneumatic Concreting & Pressure Grouting
- Pre-stressed Precast Concrete Erection
- Plumbing Maintenance
- Reinforcing Steel Placing
- Residential Contractor
- Roof Deck
- Screen Enclosure
- Sign Contractor (Non-Electric)
- Structural Steel Erection
- Swimming Pool
- Unit Masonry, Marble & Exterior Veneer
Getting Approved To Test
To be eligible for testing, you must first contact the appropriate Miami-Dade County board to receive approval for testing. If you need more information on the qualification requirements or the authorization process please visit your board’s website or contact them directly. The contact information for the Department of Regulatory and Economic Resources and the Department of Public Works and Waste Management is listed on the first page of this document for your convenience.
After you have received your approval and paid Miami-Dade County directly for the testing fees, they will register you with Prov using the information provided on your application. Approved candidates can schedule to take an exam within one hundred and eighty days of their approval date.
The local licensing jurisdiction will email or mail you testing information which includes an approval letter and a voucher letter containing the information you need to complete the testing process. In these letters you will be provided your eligibility end date, the list of available testing centers in your area, and the list of books you are allowed to use when you take the test.
Your voucher letter will also include a Candidate ID and a Voucher Number needed to schedule a testing appointment through Prov. If at any time you lose your authorization letter or voucher letter you may contact your board or Prov to receive a duplicate copy.
Failed examinations can be retaken according to local licensing jurisdiction rules. Candidates cannot retake an exam once they have passed that exam unless required by their jurisdiction. Candidates must be reapproved by the licensing jurisdiction between examination attempts before rescheduling.
The following are links to resources for students to prepare for the Prov:
Candidates may schedule either a Computer-Based Test or a Paper/Pencil Test by phone. To schedule for a Computer-Based Test candidates should contact their preferred approved testing center directly. To schedule for a paper/pencil examination by phone, candidates should contact Prov toll free at (866)-720- 7768. Prov scheduling staff is available 8:00 a.m. through 6:00 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday. Candidates should be prepared to provide scheduling staff with their name, Candidate ID, and their ZIP code. Staff will search the database for the next available testing session. Once candidates are scheduled, staff will email them information regarding their testing schedule.
Online scheduling is for paper/pencil exams only. To schedule online, a candidate must go to Prov’s home page at www.provexam.com. Then select the CANDIDATE LOGIN link found under the Test Taker heading (left-side of home-page). Once candidates have accessed Arkiv (Prov’s information management system), they must select either Miami-Dade County Public Works and Waste Management or Miami-Dade Regulatory and Economic Resources Department as their Program Name and click NEXT STEP. If you have any difficulties with online scheduling, call (866) 720-7768.
||M, T, W, R
||Candidates should plan to arrive 15 minutes early in order to check-in. If candidates do not arrive by the scheduled start time of their exam, CANDIDATES WILL BE TURNED AWAY and will forfeit their test fees and will be required to reschedule for a future testing date.
||M, T, W, R, F
If candidates need to change or cancel their testing appointment, they must contact Prov or their testing center at least five business days prior to their scheduled date. Changes will be made at no cost if candidates notify Prov by the deadline. If candidates fail to appear for their test or fail to cancel or reschedule their testing session by the close of business five days prior to their scheduled test date, they will forfeit their exam fees and should contact their licensing board for further instructions.
Auxiliary Aids and Modifications:
Prov complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in providing special accommodations for candidates that require additional assistance during the testing process. If candidates feel that they qualify for a special accommodation during testing, they should contact Prov at (866) 720-7768. Prov will require written documentation from a licensed physician or psychologist documenting the disability and further require a request describing the requested remedy. Prov will then work directly with the candidates to make the accommodations they will need in order to complete their test.
||Please contact the publisher for payment details.
MDC administers the test at: