Ed Calle Promoted at North Campus
Two-time Latin Grammy nominee, professor of music business and song recording at North, Wolfson and Kendall Campus and saxophonist, Ed Calle, 51, has been named as Chairman of the Arts and Philosophy Department at North Campus.
Calle will oversee the department starting Aug.18.
“I love being a part of the MDC family and expect to be here for the foreseeable future,” said Calle, who has been teaching at Miami Dade College since 2004. “I am looking forward to the new challenges.”
Calle helped establish the world's first Latin Jazz Institute and the first community Latin Jazz Orchestra at MDC. He is also known for being the musical director for the Kendall Campus Latin Jazz Festival for the past four years.
More Briefing Articles
- Dr. Padrón Honored at 25th Anniversary of The Education Fund
- Miami Culinary Institute Introduces Enthusiast Program
- MDC Alumni Inducted into Hall of Fame
- MDC Awarded Gold Medal For Outstanding Achievement
- MDC President Signs Articulation Agreement with University of New Mexico
- MDC Student Scholarship Opportunity
- Program Created To Help Kick Smoking Habit
- Summer Camps at North, Homestead and Kendall
- Summer Fitness Programs at Kendall Campus