Arts and Entertainment
Florida Moving Image Archives Donation
The donation will help with the preservation and digitization of more then 40 thousand hours of footage.
The archives currently have 35 thousand hours on tapes like Betacam and U-matic and 23 million feet of film.
According to Rene Ramos, the director of the archive, the department has already begun the digitization of the footage, but the process would be lengthy with the current outdated equipment.
“With what we have now it would take years,” said Ramos. “I would probably be retired before we’re done.”
The donation will fund new equipment to help expedite the project.
Once complete, the footage will placed in an online database.
For more information, contact:
More Arts and Entertainment Articles
- 2012 MIFF Now Accepting Submissions
- Caribbean Cafe Restaurant Review
- CG Burgers Restaurant Review
- Film Student Stars In New Western
- Former Fall Out Boy Rocks Culture Room
- Just Another Romcom
- Soi Asian Bistro Restaurant Review
- The Help: A film That Needs No Help
- Watch The Throne Deserves A Listen