MDC Invited to 5K Run and PARK festival
On Sept. 10 the first annual South Florida 5K freedom run and PARK festival is taking place in the city of Doral, which will commemorate the lives lost during the 9/11 attacks.
Miami Dade College students and south Florida residents are invited to support all men and woman who serve the United States at the JC Bermudez Park, 3000 N.W. 87th Ave. Doral, FL from 7:30a .m.-12 p.m. The PARK Festival is free and open to the public.
Registration for the 5K is $30 for an individual student or resident and $15 for an individual service men and women. Team rates can be found online. The last day to register is Sept. 9 at 2 p.m.
The event is organized by the non-profit organization Perform Acts of Random Kindness, PARK project. All the earnings will be donated to a variety of charities through the PARK project foundation in support of military families, veterans and first responder community programs.
More Briefing Articles
- International Students Receive Microsoft Discounts
- MDC Now Has Virtual College App
- Miami Dade College and Wheaton College sign Articulation Agreement
- New Assistant Dean for School of Science
- New Chairperson for Wolfson Social Sciences Department
- New Student Life Director at North Campus
- Professor Hettich receives Poetry Chapbook Award
- Pumariega Promoted to Interim Wolfson Campus President
- Two New Trustees Appointed for MDC District Board
- Volunteer in Honor of 9/11 Victims and Heroes