Two New Trustees Appointed for MDC District Board
On Sept. 23, Mariana “Marili” Cancio and Jose K. Fuentes will be welcomed to Miami Dade College’s District Board of Trustees.
Cancio and Fuentes, former MDC students, have been appointed by Florida Governor Rick Scott.
Cancio, an advocate for MDC with a political upbringing, has a specialty in corporate, real estate, and international law. She is currently a managing partner at Cancio Johnson and Echarte.
Fuentes, principal for The Fuentes & Rodriguez Consulting Group, holds 17 years of work in the public sector including experience as special assistant to former Florida Senator Connie Mack.
Their incorporation follows the expiring terms of Peter Roulhac and Mikki Canton.
The other members of the MDC District Board include Helen Aguirre Ferré, Armando J. Bucelo Jr., Marielena A. Villamil, Benjamin León III and Robert H. Fernández.
For more information:
More Briefing Articles
- International Students Receive Microsoft Discounts
- MDC Invited to 5K Run and PARK festival
- MDC Now Has Virtual College App
- Miami Dade College and Wheaton College sign Articulation Agreement
- New Assistant Dean for School of Science
- New Chairperson for Wolfson Social Sciences Department
- New Student Life Director at North Campus
- Professor Hettich receives Poetry Chapbook Award
- Pumariega Promoted to Interim Wolfson Campus President
- Volunteer in Honor of 9/11 Victims and Heroes