Kendall Campus will host 100 Thousand Poets for Change
100 Thousand Poets for Change, a poetry demonstration taking place worldwide, will host an event at Miami Dade College’s Kendall Campus located at 11011 S.W. 104 St., Room K-413 from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sept. 24.
The MDC event will be co-hosted by Sylvia Rivas, a speech tutor, and English professor Carolina Hospital.
“It’s a world-wide movement crying out for peace, sustainability, and change of important issues on a local level,” Rivas said.
The event is free and open to the public. The poems will revolve around the themes of peace, sustainability, or any other local issues such as racism and ethnic prejudice.
More Briefing Articles
- Campus Safety Day Event
- Kendall Hosts PANNAROMA Exhibition
- MDC Journalism Speaker Series Kick-Off
- MDC Launches Online Career Help
- MDC Top Ten Finalist For Grant
- Miami Art Museum To Feature 9/11 ‘Aftermath’ exhibit
- Miami Dade College Night at Miami Art Museum
- New Student Life Director at Kendall Campus
- Prometeo Theatre Dedicated to Professor Rojas
- Service Learning Offered at Ability Explosion
- Six Students Awarded To Study Abroad in China