MDC Journalism Speaker Series Presents Jay Ducassi
Miami Herald Metro Editor Jay Ducassi will be the next speaker in Miami Dade College’s Journalism Speaker Series.
The event will take place on Oct. 26 at 11 a.m. in Room 7128 at the Wolfson Campus, 300 NE Second Ave. The event is free and open to the public.
Ducassi, an MDC alumnus and former writer for The Falcon Times, the former student newspaper at the North Campus, has been working as a journalist for more than 30 years.
In 1981, he began to work as a reporter at the Miami Herald. He eventually covered civil, criminal, and federal courts. In 1992, he left the Herald to work at the Wall Street Journal as the Page One Editor.
Ducassi returned to The Miami Herald in 1999 to serve as the State Editor. He was named the Metro Editor in 2008.
More Briefing Articles
- Comedy Show at Homestead Campus
- Emerging Artist Student Choreography Dance Concert
- Homestead SGA President Selected for Scholars Program
- Kendall Campus to host Jazz Under The Stars
- MDC to Host Chess Tournament
- MDC United Way Campaign
- Medical Center Offers Hispanic Heritage-Art Showcase
- Murder Mystery Dinner at Wolfson
- Negro League Paintings To Be Showcased At Freedom Tower
- School of Business Speaker Series on Brazilian Economics
- Spooky Night Event at Kendall
- The Koubek Mansion and Gardens Transferred to MDC