The Koubek Mansion and Gardens Transferred to MDC
Operations of the John J.Koubek Mansion and Gardens was transferred from the University of Miami to Miami Dade College on Sept. 28.
The facility located in Little Havana had served as a satellite campus to UM for three decades.
Doctors, lawyers, architects, educators, and other professionals from Cuba who fled communism came to the site to take classes that prepared them for exams and helped them learn English so they could practice their trade in the United States.
The Koubek Center is located on 2705 SW Third St., three blocks from MDC’s InterAmerican Campus.
More Briefing Articles
- Comedy Show at Homestead Campus
- Emerging Artist Student Choreography Dance Concert
- Homestead SGA President Selected for Scholars Program
- Kendall Campus to host Jazz Under The Stars
- MDC Journalism Speaker Series Presents Jay Ducassi
- MDC to Host Chess Tournament
- MDC United Way Campaign
- Medical Center Offers Hispanic Heritage-Art Showcase
- Murder Mystery Dinner at Wolfson
- Negro League Paintings To Be Showcased At Freedom Tower
- School of Business Speaker Series on Brazilian Economics
- Spooky Night Event at Kendall