Community Service at Walk for Carbon Monoxide Awareness
On Nov. 12, Anthony’s Light Foundation Inc. will be sponsoring Walk for Carbon Monoxide Awareness at Tropical Park Football Stadium, 7900 SW 40 St., from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. and the walk will follow at 10:30 a.m. The walk will commemorate those who have lost their lives due to carbon monoxide poisoning as well as educate the community on the dangers of carbon monoxide.
Anthony’s Light Foundation is a non-profit organization that was established by Vilma Perez after her son, MDC alumnus Anthony J. Perez, died at the age of 25 from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Along with the walk, there will be a Health and Wellness Fair, food, music, raffles and giveaways.
For more information, contact:
More Briefing Articles
- College President Wins Nationally-Acclaimed Award
- Homestead Campus Hosts Expo for Veterans
- Kendall Hosts Sex Ed Boot Camp
- MDC School of Education Ranked by FLDOE
- Miami Dade College Green Fair at InterAmerican Campus
- Miami Dade College Green Lecture Series
- North Campus Thanksgiving Food Drive
- On Stage Presents Othello
- Only Sustainable Conference Invites MDC Students
- Piscataway Tribe Dance Show at Homestead Campus
- Service Learning and Volunteering at the Book Fair
- State Senator Nan Rich to Visit Medical Center Campus
- Take Strides for Education 5K
- Talbots Scholarship Program
- Townsend Press Offers Reading Scholarship to Wolfson Students