Panel to be Hosted on Cuba’s Transition
The Is Cuba in Transition? panel discussion, hosted by Miami Dade College’s Center for Latin American and Caribbean Initiatives, will take place on Jan. 31 at 8:30 a.m. in Room 6100 at the Wolfson Campus, 300 NE Second Ave.
The panel will discuss how Cuba allows citizens to buy and sell real estate on the island. Topics will include recent reforms regarding Cuba’s economic and political system.
Among the speakers: Carlos Saladrigas, co-chairman of Cuba Study Group, Marifeli Perez-Stable, Florida International University professor of sociology, Ariel Armony, CLAS director and a University of Miami professor of international studies.
Carlos Barrezueta, executive director of CLACI at MDC and David Adams, U.S. and Miami editor for Poder magazine, will moderate the panel.
The event is free and open to the public, though registration is required. The presentation will be in English followed by a question and answer session to follow in English and Spanish.
For more information, contact:
Executive Director of CLACI
(305) 237 3944
More Briefing Articles
- Art Program Being Offered At InterAmerican
- Free Online Research Tools for Students
- Internship Opportunity with Hallmark
- Kendall Campus Club Rush
- MDC Alumnus hired at ABC affiliate
- MDC Offers Study Abroad Program in China
- Medical Campus Welcomes a New Dean of Student Services
- Miami Dade College Accreditation Approved
- Miami Dade College President Eduardo J.Padrón Elected Chairman
- New Dean for the School of Business
- South Florida Red Cross is Accepting Volunteers
- South Florida Walk to Defeat Lou Gehrig’s disease
- Trustee Appointed to the Board of Directors for Arsht Center