Service-Learning Offered With ASPIRA
Miami Dade College students may sign up for a service-learning project with ASPIRA, a national organization dedicated to developing and expanding leadership goals.
The organziation owns a Florida charter school, Eugenio Maria de Hostos Charter School, located near MDC’s Wolfson Campus.
ASPIRA is a mentoring program that requires volunteers at a higher educational level with a passion to help and inspire others. MDC students, mentor the students in the EMH Charter School with the idea to counsel and teach them the process of continuing their education after high school.
“This program has grown from roughly 10 students to nearly 80, from just a handful of MDC mentors to nearly 50 over the last 6 years,” said assistant principal for ASPIRA Eugenio Maria de Hostos Charter School, Garrick S. Keidan.
For more information, contact:
Garrick S. Keidan
Assistant Principal of ASPIRA Eugenio Maria de Hostos
More Briefing Articles
- AmeriCorps Postion At Single Stop
- Applications For Hispanic College Fund Scholarship Being Accepted
- Fit And Healthy 2012 At Kendall
- Former President Of Nicaragua To Speak At MDC
- Free Community Health Fair At Medical Campus
- Global Medical Brigades Students Plan To Travel To Ghana
- President’s Volunteer Service Award
- Single Stop Offering Free Tax Preparation
- Sock And Blanket Drive For The Homeless
- Student Selected For The Congressional Hispanic Leadership