Medical Campus Celebrates Women’s History Month
Miami Dade College Medical Campus kicks off Women’s History Month by hosting an arts and craft event on March 1 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Medical Campus, 950 N.W. 20th St., building one.
Craft vendors, majority women of minority groups, will sell hand-crafted designs such as soaps, crocheted bags and jewelry. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Lotus House Women’s Shelter.
Nelly Kairuz, a co-coordinator for the event, chose the Lotus House because of the outstanding service it has given to the community.
“The Lotus House Shelter provides refuge for women who leave abusive spouses, are homeless, have untreated medical or mental illness, disabilities or for economic reasons,” said Kairuz.
For more information, contact:
More Briefing Articles
- Art Expo At North Campus
- College Offering Free Business Workshops
- De-stress At Meditation Classes
- Donate Used Batteries To YES
- Eduardo J. Padrón Receives Citizen Service Award
- Egypt’s Ambassador Visited MDC
- Head Of European Union To Visit MDC
- Health Council Scholarship Offered To Students
- MDC Student Government Association Rallied In Tallahassee
- Miami Culinary Institute March Enthusiast Classes
- Movie Internship For College Students
- Seminar On U.S. Foreign Policy In Latin America
- Students Prepare For H.E.R. Concert for Congo
- VITA Looking For Volunteers
- West Campus Hosting A Blood Drive