Students Prepare For H.E.R. Concert for Congo
The Students Aiding International Development (S.A.I.D) Club, in partnership with Campus Activities Board and Phi Theta Kappa, are hosting the “Heal, Empower, Rebuild” Concert for Congo.
S.A.I.D’s goal is to raise $20,000 to build a safe house for rape victims in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The safe house will act as a community center where victims can go for vocational training and life skills.
The concert will take place on March 30 at Kendall Campus’s Fred Shaw Memorial Plaza, 11011 S.W. 104th St., from 6 p.m. to 12 a.m.
The event will be a music festival, with several artists performing. There will also be food and booths, and corporate vendors will be in attendance all night long.
Online donations, bake sales, and give-back nights at restaurants will also take place to raise money. Students interested in volunteering can earn Service Learning hours for their work.
More Briefing Articles
- Art Expo At North Campus
- College Offering Free Business Workshops
- De-stress At Meditation Classes
- Donate Used Batteries To YES
- Eduardo J. Padrón Receives Citizen Service Award
- Egypt’s Ambassador Visited MDC
- Head Of European Union To Visit MDC
- Health Council Scholarship Offered To Students
- MDC Student Government Association Rallied In Tallahassee
- Medical Campus Celebrates Women’s History Month
- Miami Culinary Institute March Enthusiast Classes
- Movie Internship For College Students
- Seminar On U.S. Foreign Policy In Latin America
- VITA Looking For Volunteers
- West Campus Hosting A Blood Drive