West Campus Hosting A Blood Drive
Miami Dade College West Campus is hosting a blood drive for the Community Blood Centers of South Florida on Feb. 28 and 29, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. to 10 p.m at the back entrance of West Campus, 3800 N.W. 115th Ave., by the cafeteria.
The process may take from 30 to 45 minutes, including questions about the donor’s medical history and a mini-physical to check iron, blood pressure and pulse.
Those interested may donate blood every 56 days and must be in good health. However, one may not donate blood if pregnant or have been within the last six weeks, have gotten a tattoo within the last 12 months, or are participating in high-risk sexual behavior.
For more information, contact:
Community Blood Center of South Florida
More Briefing Articles
- Art Expo At North Campus
- College Offering Free Business Workshops
- De-stress At Meditation Classes
- Donate Used Batteries To YES
- Eduardo J. Padrón Receives Citizen Service Award
- Egypt’s Ambassador Visited MDC
- Head Of European Union To Visit MDC
- Health Council Scholarship Offered To Students
- MDC Student Government Association Rallied In Tallahassee
- Medical Campus Celebrates Women’s History Month
- Miami Culinary Institute March Enthusiast Classes
- Movie Internship For College Students
- Seminar On U.S. Foreign Policy In Latin America
- Students Prepare For H.E.R. Concert for Congo
- VITA Looking For Volunteers