Armando Olivera Joins MDC Board Of Trustees
Armando J. Olivera was appointed to Miami Dade College’s Board of Trustees by Florida Gov. Rick Scott on Feb. 16. Olivera replaces Robert H. Fernandez, whose term ended.
Olivera is the chief executive officer and president of Florida Power & Light Company. He is also a member of the Cornell University Board of Trustees, where he received a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering. Olivera also earned a master’s degree in business administration from the University of Miami.
Olivera joins Board of Trustees members Helen Aguirre Ferré, Armando Bucelo Jr., Marielena Villamil, Benjamin León III, Marili Cancio, Jose Fuentes and Eduardo Padrón.
More Briefing Articles
- ADHD Scholarship Accepting Applications
- Calvin Hughes To Speak At Journalism Speaker Series
- Comedian Jen Kober To Perform At Kendall
- Communications Major Scholarship
- Dr. Padrón Named Co-Chair Of Century Foundation National Task Force
- Free Women’s Wellness Fair At Medical Campus
- H.E.R. Concert Movie Screening
- Miami-Dade Community Action Scholarship
- North Campus Celebrates Women’s History Month With The Spoken Word Cafe
- Paid Summer Internship For Social Justice
- Spring Fling Kids Carnival At Kendall
- Wolfson Campus Offers Spring 2012 Miami Writers Institute
- Writers Encouraged To Apply For The Paz Prize For Poetry